Art and disability : the social and political struggles facing education
- Alice J. Wexler ; foreword by Roger Cardinal.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
- Physical description
- xvi, 248 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC4025 .W49 2009||Unknown|
- Wexler, Alice, 1942-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -244) and index.
- Introduction Overview Autistic Spectrum Disorders Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Learning Disabilities Emotional Disturbance/Behavioral Disorders The Blind and Visually Impaired Traumatic Brain Injury and the Northeast Center for Special Care Community Outreach and Alternative Settings Lesson Plans.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230606296 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This book argues that the arts are most effective when they are in service of social growth, which is so critical to identity formation and advances art education as a tool to achieve this end.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230606296 20160528
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- 9780230606296 (cloth)
- 0230606296 (cloth)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: