Metacognition, strategy use, and instruction
- edited by Harriet Salatas Waters, Wolfgang Schneider ; foreword by John G. Borkowski.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- xvi, 304 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1062 .M48 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Borkowski, Foreword. Part I: Skilled Memory. Waters, Kunnmann, Metacognition and Strategy Discovery in Early Childhood. Ornstein, Grammer, Coffman, Teachers' "Mnemonic Style" and the Development of Skilled Memory. Schneider, Metacognition and Memory Development in Childhood and Adolescence. Part II: Math And Science. Siegler, Lin, Self-Explanations Promote Children's Learning. H. S. Waters, T. E. A. Waters, Bird Experts: A Study of Child and Adult Knowledge Utilization. Kuhn, Pease, The Dual Components of Developing Strategy Use: Production and Inhibition. Mayer, Fostering Scientific Reasoning with Multimedia Instruction. Carr, The Importance of Metacognition for Conceptual Change and Strategy Use in Mathematics. Part III: Reading, Writing, and Academic Performance. Afflerbach, Cho, Determining and Describing Reading Strategies: Internet and Traditional Forms of Reading. Harris, Santangelo, Graham, Metacognition and Strategies Instruction in Writing. C. Cornoldi, Metacognition, Intelligence, and Academic Performance. Part IV: Conclusion. Waters, Schneider, Common Themes and Future Challenges.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781606233344 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Showcasing exemplary research programs, this book explores how theories and findings on cognitive development can be used to improve classroom instruction.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781606233344 20160528
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Metacognition, strategy use, & instruction
- 9781606233344 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1606233343 (hbk. : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: