Motivating every student in literacy (including the highly unmotivated!) grades 3-6
- Sandra K. Athans & Denise Ashe Devine.
- Larchmont, NY : Eye On Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- xii, 164 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1576 .A78 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 163-164).
- Publisher's Summary
- x003c; p x003e; Motivation and literacy go hand in hand in this practical book of strategies for classroom teachers. It provides effective tips and tools to motivate and grasp the attention of even the most reluctant readers. With numerous classroom examples, case studies, and blackline masters, this book will help you to boost motivation and literacy in your classroom right away. x003c; /p x003e; x003c; p x003e; x003c; i x003e; Motivating Every Student in Literacy (Including the Highly Unmotivated!), Grades 3-6 x003c; /i x003e; provides an effective model for improving reading levels and increasing motivation. Under the guidance of Athans and Devine, classroom leaders develop their own Motivation Improvement Action Plans, where small-group instruction, end-of-unit assessments, and other practical approaches work to increase individual student effort. Woven throughout are process-driven and novelty strategies to address possible reasons for a childs lack of motivation. In this guide, youll find: x00a0; x003c; /p x003e; x003c; P x003e; x003c; UL x003e; x003c; LI x003e; Illuminating case studies x003c; LI x003e; Quick-reference chapter summaries x003c; LI x003e; Reproducible Student Plans and Contracts x003c; LI x003e; Action Plan Tips x003c; /UL x003e; x003c; /P x003e; .
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781596671218 20160527
- Publication date
- 9781596671218 (paper)
- 1596671211 (paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: