Equity issues for today's educational leaders : meeting the challenge of creating equitable schools for all
- edited by Patrick M. Jenlink.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2009.
- Physical description
- xii, 179 p. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC213.2 .E685 2009||Unknown|
- Jenlink, Patrick M.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- The meaning of equity in creating and leading equitable schools : revitalizing a democratic principle / Patrick M. Jenlink
- Preparing democratic educational leaders : an equity-based approach / Patrick M. Jenlink
- Meeting the challenge of ending gender bias in public education / Diane Trautman and Sandra Stewart
- Educational equity and school choice : the effect of voucher programs on access to an equitable education and the role of the school leader / J. Craig Coleman
- Achievement equity and the gap that divides / Lee Stewart
- Educational equity and the special needs student / Dalane Bouillion
- Addressing equity and social justice issues for English-language learners : using reflection and criticality / Julia Ballenger and Sharon Ninness
- Equity and the preparation of students for postsecondary education / Betty J. Alford
- Diversity, equity, and the importance of culturally responsive educational leaders / Janet Tareilo
- Coda : the equity problem and the work of educational leaders / Patrick M. Jenlink.
- Publisher's Summary
- This book returns the reader to an agenda for addressing equity in schools, emphasizing the need to reexamine past reform efforts and the work ahead for educational leaders in reshaping schools and schooling.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781607091400 20160528
- Publication date
- 9781607091394 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1607091399 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781607091400 (paper : alk. paper)
- 1607091402 (paper : alk. paper)
- 9781607091417 (electronic)
- 1607091410 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: