Online education and adult learning : new frontiers for teaching practices
- [by editor] Terry Kidd.
- Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, c2010.
- Physical description
- xx, 352 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC5219 .O55 2010||Unknown|
- Kidd, Terry T.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 305-341) and index.
- Developing social skills through online learning Distance learning Empowering the culture of quality research Ethical standards in distance education Games for online adult education Hidden challenges to online learning Instructional quality of e-learning Mixed methods research Online education and adult learning Online learning environment Pedagogical mediator Role of individual learner Social implications of e-learning.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781605668307 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The expanding field of adult learning encompasses the study and practice of utilizing sound instructional design principals, technology, and learning theory as a means to solve educational challenges and human performance issues relating to adults, often occurring online. "Online Education and Adult Learning: New Frontiers for Teaching Practices" disseminates current issues and trends emerging in the field of adult e-learning and online instruction for the design of better products and services. This advanced publication provides theoretical understanding of the essential links between authentic learning, social psychology, instructional design, e-learning, online education, and various additional methods of adult learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781605668307 20160528
- Publication date
- "Premier Reference Source"-cover.
- 9781605668307 (hbk.)
- 1605668303 (hbk.)
- 9781605668314 (ebk.)
- 1605668311 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: