Qualitative research in international settings : a practical guide
- David Stephens.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2009.
- Physical description
- 158 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|H62 .S75423 2009||Unknown|
- Stephens, David.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -153) and index.
- Part One Frameworks in Qualitative Research 1. Fundamentals of Qualitative Research 2. The International Dimension of Qualitative Research Part Two Designing your research project 3. Getting started -- approaches, ideas and frameworks 4. Getting started -- designing the study 5. Doing the Fieldwork 6. Analysing the Data 7. Writing Up and Disseminating the Findings Part Three Sources of Support 8. Sources of Support.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415280570 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The teaching of qualitative research skills in universities is now widespread and the number of institutions offering courses in research methods in education and the social sciences is growing, while professionals in the fields of education, health and the social services are increasingly required to carry out research, evaluation and reviews. "Qualitative Research in International Settings" will be an invaluable resource for all postgraduates and professionals engaged in research of this kind. Drawing upon the author's extensive experience of educational research in the Developing World, the book focuses upon working a variety of cultural and national contexts. It combines the practice and theory of qualitative research by clarifying and communicating the core ideas and principles of this form of research and highlighting specific case studies as models of good practice.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415280570 20160528
- Publication date
- 9780415280587 (pbk.)
- 0415280583 (pbk.)
- 9780415280570 (hbk.)
- 0415280575 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: