Handbook of surface and interface analysis : methods for problem-solving
- edited by John C. Rivière, Sverre Myhra.
- 2nd ed.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- xx, 651 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|QC173.4 .S94 H35 2009||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction. Elements of Problem-Solving/Materials Characterization. How to Use This Book. Spectroscopic Techniques. Compositional Analysis by AES and XPS. Ion Beam Techniques. In-Depth Analysis. Surface and Interface Analysis by HRTEM and XTEM. Synchrotron-based Techniques. Scanning Force Microscopy. Scanning Tunneling Microscopy. Metallurgy. Minerals, Ceramics, and Glasses. Composites. Corrosion. Tribology. Catalysts. Adhesion. Biocompatible Materials. Nano-structured Materials.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780849375583 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- The "Handbook of Surface and Interface Analysis: Methods for Problem-Solving" describes the physical basis and technical implementation of the most commonly used techniques for materials characterization. Providing an overview of the benefits and limitations for each methodology, this second edition features five brand new chapters that address surface and interface analysis by HRTEM and XTEM, synchrotron-based techniques, scanning tunneling microscopy, biocompatible materials, and nano-structured materials. This volume combines the expertise from a distinguished group of scientists into a comprehensive, integrated source of information on the characterization methods considered crucial in this field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780849375583 20160527
- Publication date
- 9780849375583 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0849375584 (cloth : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: