Letter recognition : from perception to representation
- guest editors, Matthew Finkbeiner and Max Coltheart.
- Hove, East Sussex [England] ; New York : Psychology Press, 2009.
- Physical description
- 127 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|BF456 .R2 L475 2009||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- M. Finkbeiner, M. Coltheart, Letter Recognition: From Perception to Representation. A. Rey, S. Dufau, S. Massol, J. Grainger, Testing Computational Models of Letter Perception with Item-level Event-related Potentials. D. Fiset, C. Blais, M. Arguin, K. Tadros, C. Ethier-Majcher, D. Bub, F. Gosselin, The Spatio-temporal Dynamics of Visual Letter Recognition. D. Pelli, N. Majaj, N. Raizman, C. Christian, E. Kim, M. Palomares, Grouping in Object Recognition: The Role of a Gestalt Law in Letter Identification. G. Thompson, The Long Learning Route to Abstract Letter Units. T.A. Polk, H.P. Lacey, J.K. Nelson, E. Demiralp, L.I. Newman, D. Kraus, A. Raheja, M.J. Farah, The Development of Abstract Letter Representations for Reading: Evidence for the Role of Context. K. James, T. Atwood, The Role of Sensorimotor Learning in the Perception of Letter-like Forms: Tracking the Causes of Neural Specialization for Letters. A. Wong, G. Jobard, K. James, T. James, I. Gauthier, Expertise with Characters in Alphabetic and Nonalphabetic Writing Systems Engage Overlapping Occipito-temporal Areas.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781848727113 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- Tackles the earliest stages of the reading process. This book addresses issues of letter perception that is how letter representations are activated from their visual features. It describes the nature of letter representations themselves, from functional, developmental and neural perspectives.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781848727113 20160527
- Publication date
- Special issue of Cognitive neuropsychology (vol. 26, issue 1).
- Related Work
- Cognitive neuropsychology.
- 9781848727113 (hbk.)
- 1848727119 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: