Transport phenomena in capillary-porous structures and heat pipes
- Henry Smirnov.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- xx, 384 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|QC320.36 .S65 2010||Unknown|
- Smirnov, H. F. (Henry F.)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 355-370) and index.
- Hydrodynamics and Heat Transfer of Single-Phase Flow in Capillaries and Slits. Hydrodynamics and Heat Transfer of Single Phase Flow in Porous Structures. Thermohydrodynamics Phenomenon at the Vaporization in Capillary-Porous Structures. The Thermodynamic Phenomenon of Vaporization in Narrow Gaps and Capillaries. The Heat and Mass Transfer of Vaporization in the Capillary-Porous Structures. The Physical Principles and Semiempirical Models of the Heat Transfer Boiling Crises.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- With emphasis on the processes involved, "Vaporization Heat and Mass Transfer in Capillaries and Porous Structures" examines latest experimental efforts in two-phase thermal control technology research and development. The author evaluates and compares different theoretical approaches, experimental results, and models, such as semi-empirical models for critical boiling heat fluxes. The coverage includes micro-scale heat and mass transfer, micro-liquid film and vapor bubble formation technologies, hydrodynamic boiling and vapor bubble formation mechanisms, coated surface boiling models, and other unique experimental methods.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781420062038 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1420062034 (hbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: