The coming robot revolution : expectations and fears about emerging intelligent, humanlike machines
- Yoseph Bar-Cohen, David Hanson ; Adi Marom, graphic artist.
- New York : Springer, c2009.
- Physical description
- xii, 173 p. : col. ill. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction.- Emerging Humanoids and Humanlike Robots.- How to Make a Humanlike Robot.- Prosthetics, Exoskeletons, and Bipedal Ambulators.- Mirroring Humans.- Trends in Robotics.- Ethical Issues and Concerns.- A Whole New World.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387853482 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This book discusses the emergence of humanlike robots into our everyday world. It covers the trends, possibilities, and concerns we will all feel with their emergence. Robots will walk, talk, and look ever more like people, and with the speed at which new technologies develop, this may happen very soon. Robots will be in homes, in space, in workplaces, in hospitals - everywhere. Their capabilities will soon surpass what has been usually considered science fiction. In what directions will the technology be taking us, and how will the presence of these robots challenge our identity? This book explores the fascinating implications of robot technology while alerting of its possibly disturbing flipside.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387853482 20160528
- Publication date
- 9780387853482 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0387853480 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780387853499 (ebk.)
- 0387853499 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: