The Coretta Scott King awards, 1970-2009
- 4th ed., 40th anniversary.
- Chicago : American Library Association, 2009.
- Physical description
- xiii, 131 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (chiefly col.), plates ; 28 cm.
Z1037 .A2 C67 2009
- Unknown Z1037 .A2 C67 2009
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Publisher's Summary
- Coinciding with the fortieth anniversary of the Coretta Scott King Award, this one-of-a-kind volume gathers together the best of the best in African American children's literature with: comprehensive coverage of the award winning books; biographical profiles that introduce the creative artists and illustrators; color plates that give a vital sense of the story and art; and, a new subject index ideal for curriculum planning. In honor of the special anniversary, celebrated poet Arnold Adoff has written a commemorative poem, 'of course', included in this book. Excellent for curriculum planning, collection development, and reference, this is a must-have for every library.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Coretta Scott King Award.
- American literature > African American authors > Bibliography.
- American literature > African American authors > Awards.
- African Americans > Intellectual life > Bibliography.
- Children's literature, American > Bibliography.
- African Americans in literature > Bibliography.
- Children > Books and reading > United States.
- Children's literature, American > Awards.
- Publication date
- edited by Henrietta M. Smith, The Coretta Scott King Book Awards Committee, Ethnic and Multicultural Information Exchange Round Table.
- 9780838935842 (paper : alk. paper)
- 0838935942 (paper : alk. paper)
- 0838935842 (alk. paper)