Critical pedagogy in uncertain times : hope and possibilities
- edited by Sheila L. Macrine.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
- Physical description
- xiv, 226 p. ; 22 cm.
- Education, politics, and public life.
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC196 .C757 2009||Unknown|
- Macrine, Sheila L.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword-- S.Aronowitz Introduction-- S.Macrine Dialogue with Ira Shor-- S.Macrne The Attack on Higher Education and the Necessity of Critical Pedagogy-- H.Giroux Teaching as Possibility: A Light in Dark Times-- M.Greene Imagining Justice in a Culture of Terror: Pedagogy, Politics, and Dissent-- A.Darder Critical Pedagogy and Politics of Class Struggle-- P.McLaren & N.E.Jaramillo Re-imaging Freire Beyond Methods-- D.Macedo Critical Pedagogy/Socialist Ed. in Britain-- D.Hill Corporatization of Education-- K.J.Saltman Toward a Critical Pedagogy of the Global-- N.De Lissovoy A Critical Pedagogy of Hope in Times of Despair-- R.Farahmandpur Afterword-- G.Fischman.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230613201 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This book brings together some of the most important figures in the evolution of Critical Pedagogy to provide comprehensive analyses of issues related to the struggle against the forces of neoliberalism and the imperial-induced privatization, not just in education, but in all of social life through the radical democratizing forces of critical pedagogy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230613201 20160528
- Supplemental links
Table of contents only
Contributor biographical information
- Critical pedagogy.
- Publication date
- Education, politics, and public life
- 9780230613201 (cloth)
- 0230613209 (cloth)
Browse related items
Start at call number: