Critical pedagogy in uncertain times : hope and possibilities
- 1st ed.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
- Physical description
- xiv, 226 p. ; 22 cm.
- Education, politics, and public life.
LC196 .C757 2009
- Unknown LC196 .C757 2009
- Macrine, Sheila L.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword-- S.Aronowitz Introduction-- S.Macrine Dialogue with Ira Shor-- S.Macrne The Attack on Higher Education and the Necessity of Critical Pedagogy-- H.Giroux Teaching as Possibility: A Light in Dark Times-- M.Greene Imagining Justice in a Culture of Terror: Pedagogy, Politics, and Dissent-- A.Darder Critical Pedagogy and Politics of Class Struggle-- P.McLaren & N.E.Jaramillo Re-imaging Freire Beyond Methods-- D.Macedo Critical Pedagogy/Socialist Ed. in Britain-- D.Hill Corporatization of Education-- K.J.Saltman Toward a Critical Pedagogy of the Global-- N.De Lissovoy A Critical Pedagogy of Hope in Times of Despair-- R.Farahmandpur Afterword-- G.Fischman.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book brings together some of the most important figures in the evolution of Critical Pedagogy to provide comprehensive analyses of issues related to the struggle against the forces of neoliberalism and the imperial-induced privatization, not just in education, but in all of social life through the radical democratizing forces of critical pedagogy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
Table of contents only
Contributor biographical information
- Critical pedagogy.
- Publication date
- edited by Sheila L. Macrine.
- Education, politics, and public life
- 9780230613201 (cloth)
- 0230613209 (cloth)