Multidimensional quantum dynamics : MCTDH theory and applications
- edited by Hans-Dieter Meyer, Fabien Gatti, and Graham A. Worth.
- Weinheim [Germany] : Wiley-VCH, c2009.
- Physical description
- xxiii, 419 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 389-406) and index.
- Preface. List of Contributors. List of Symbols. Introduction (Hans-Dieter Meyer, Fabien Gatti and Graham A. Worth). Part 1 Theory. 2 The Road to MCTDH (Hans-Dieter Meyer, Fabien Gatti and Graham A. Worth). 2.1 The Standard Method. 2.2 Time-Dependent Hartree. 3 Basic MCTDH Theory (Hans-Dieter Meyer, Fabien Gatti and Graham A. Worth). 3.1 Wavefunction Ansatz and Equations of Motion. 3.2 The Constraint Operator. 3.3 Efficiency and Memory Requirements. 3.4 Multistate Calculations. 3.5 Parametrized Basis Functions:G-MCTDH. 4 Integration Schemes (Hans-Dieter Meyer, Fabien Gatti and Graham A. Worth). 4.1 The Variable Mean-Field (VMF) Integration Scheme. 4.2 A Simple Constant Mean-Field (CMF) Integration Scheme. 4.3 Why CMF Works. 4.4 Second-Order CMF Scheme. 5 Preparation of the Initial Wavepacket (Hans-Dieter Meyer, Fabien Gatti and Graham A. Worth). 5.1 Initial Wavepacket as Hartree Product. 5.2 Eigenstates and Operated Wavefunctions. 6 Analysis of the Propagated Wavepacket (Hans-Dieter Meyer, Fabien Gatti and Graham A. Worth). 6.1 Runtime Analysis of Accuracy. 6.2 Spectra. 6.3 Optimal Control. 6.4 State Populations. 6.5 Reaction Probabilities. 7 MCTDH for Density Operators (Hans-Dieter Meyer, Fabien Gatti and Graham A. Worth). 7.1 Wavefunctions and Density Operators. 7.2 Type I Density Operators. 7.3 Type II Density Operators. 7.4 Properties of MCTDH Density Operator Propagation. 8 Computing Eigenstates by Relaxation and Improved Relaxation (Hans-Dieter Meyer, Fabien Gatti and Graham A. Worth). 8.1 Relaxation. 8.2 Improved Relaxation. 8.3 Technical Details. 9 Iterative Diagonalzation of Operators (Fermin Huarte-Larranaga and Uwe Manthe). 9.1 Operators Defined by Propagation. 9.2 A Modified Lanczos Scheme. 9.3 The State-Averaged MCTDH Approach. 10 Correlation Discrete Variable Represenation (Fermin Huarte-Larranaga and Uwe Manthe). 10.1 Introduction. 10.2 Time-Dependent Discrete Variable Representation. 10.3 Correlation Discrete Variable Representation. 10.4 Symmetry-Adapted Correlation Discrete Variable Representation. 10.5 Multidimensional Correlation Discrete Variable Representation. 11 Potential Representations (potfit) (Hans-Dieter Meyer, Fabien Gatti and Graham A. Worth). 11.1 Expansion in Product Basis Sets. 11.2 Optimizing the Coefficients. 11.3 Optimizing the Basis. 11.4 The potfit Algorithm. 11.5 Contraction Over One Particle. 11.6 Separable Weights. 11.7 Non-Separable Weights. 11.8 Computational Effort and Memory Request. 12 Kinetic Energy Operators (Hans-Dieter Meyer, Fabien Gatti and Graham A. Worth). 12.1 Introduction. 12.2 Vector Parametrization and Properties of Angular Momenta. 12.3 General Expression of KEO in Standard Polyspherical Coordinates. 12.4 Example. 12.5 Extensions. Part 2 Extension to New Areas. 13 Direct Dynamics With Quantum Nuclei (Benjamin Lasorne and Graham A. Worth). 13.1 Introduction. 13.2 Variational Multiconfiguration Gaussian Wavepackets. 13.3 Applications. 13.4 Conclusions. 14 Multilayer Formulation of the Multiconfiguration Time-Dependent Hartree Theory (Haobin Wang and Michael Thoss). 14.1 Introduction. 14.2 From Conventional Wavepacket Propagation to ML-MCTDH Theory: A Variational Perspective. 14.3 Concluding Remarks. 15 Shared Memory Parallelization of the Multiconfiguration Time-Dependent Hartree Method (Michael Brill and Hans-Dieter Meyer). 15.1 Motivation. 15.2 Shared Memory Parallelization of MCTDH. 15.3 Results and Conclusion. 16 Strongly Driven Few-Fermion Systems - MCTDHF (Gerald Jordan and Armin Scrinzi). 16.1 Equations of Motion for Indistinguishable Particles. 16.2 Computation of Operators. 16.3 Parallelization. 16.4 Observables and Transformations. 16.5 Applications. 17 The Multiconfigurational Time-Dependent Hartree Method for Identical Particles and Mixtures Thereof (Ofir E. Alon, Alexej I. Streltsovo and Lorenz S. Cederbaum). 17.1 Preliminary Remarks. 17.2 Bosons or Fermions? - Unifying MCTDHB and MCTDHF. 17.3 Bose-Bose, Fermi-Fermi and Bose-Fermi Mixtures. 17.4 Migher-Order Forces and Reduced Density Matrices. 17.5 Illustrative Numerical Examples for Bosons: MCTDHB. 17.6 Discussion and Perspectives. Part 3 Applications. 18 Multidimensional Non-Adiabatic Dynamics (Graham A. Worth, Horst Koppel, Etienne Gindensperger and Lorenz S. Cederbaum). 18.1 Introduction. 18.2 The Vibronic Coupling Hamiltonian. 18.3 Combining the Vibronic Coupling Model with MCTDH. 18.4 Examples. 18.5 Effective Modes. 18.6 Summary. 19 MCTDH Calculation of Flux Correlation Functions: Rates and Reaction Probabilities for Polyatomic Chemical Reactions (Fermin Huarte-Larranaga and Uwe Manthe). 19.1 Introduction. 19.2 Flux Correlation Functions and Quantum Transition-State Concept. 19.3 Rate Constant Calculations. 19.4 Application to Polyatomic Reactions. 19.5 The Effect of Rotation-Vibration Coupling on Rater Constants. 19.6 Concluding Remarks and Outlook. 20 Reactive and Non-Reactive Scattering of Molecules From Surfaces (Geert-Jan Kroes, Rob van Harrevelt and Cedric Crespos). 20.1 Introduction. 20.2 Theory. 20.3 Applications of MCTDH Method to Molecule-Surface Scattering. 20.4 Summary and Outlook. 21 Intramolecular Vibrational Energy Redistribution and Infrared Spectroscopy (Fabien Gatti and Christophe Iung). 21.1 Introduction. 21.2 Local-Mode Excitation of CH Stretch in Fluoroform and Toluene. 21.3 Study of Highly Excited States in HFCO and DFCO. 21.4 Selective Population of Vibrational Levels in H2CS in External Field. 21.5 Cis-Trans Isomerization of HONO. 21.6 Conclusion. 22 Open System Quantum Dynamics with Discretized Environments (Mathias Nest). 22.1 Introduction. 22.2 The System-Base Ansatz. 22.3 Static and Dynamic Effects of the Bath. 22.4 Finite Temperatures. 22.5 Derivatives of MCTDH. 22.6 Summary and Outlook. 23 Proton Transfer and Hydrated Proton in Small Water Systems (Oriol Vendrell and Hans-Dieter Meyer). 23.1 Introduction. 23.2 Photon Transfer Along Chain of H-Bonded Water Molecules. 23.3 Dynamics and Vibrational Spectroscopy of the Zundel Cation. 23.4 Conclusion. 24 Laser-Driven Dynamics and Quantum Control of Molecular Wavepackets (Oliver Kuhn). 24.1 Introduction. 24.2 Theory. 24.3 Applications. 24.4 Summary. 25 Polyatomic Dynamics of Dissociative Electron Attachment to Water Using MCTDH (Daniel J. Haxton, Thomas N. Rescigno and C. William McCurdy). 25.1 Introduction. 25.2 Dissociative Electron Attachment to Water. 25.3 Time-Dependent Treatment of DEA Within the LCP Model. 25.4 Coordinate Systems. 25.5 Hamiltonians. 25.6 Choice of Primitive Basis and Representation of Hamiltonians. 25.7 Representation of Potential Energy Functions Using potfit. 25.8 Single-Particle Function Expansion and Mode Combinations. 25.9 Propagation and Natural Orbitals. 25.10 Analysis of Flux to Calculate Cross-Sections. 25.11 Conclusion. 26 Ultracold Few-Boson Systems in Traps (Sascha Zollner, Hans-Dieter Meyer and Peter Schmelcher). 26.1 Introduction. 26.2 Model. 26.3 Ground State: Crossover From Weak to Strong Interactions. 26.4 Quantum Dynamics: Correlated Tunnelling in Double Wells. References. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527320189 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This is the first book dedicated to this new and powerful computational method that begins with a comprehensive description of MCTDH and its theoretical background. There then follows a discussion of recent extensions of MCTDH, such as the treatment of identical particles, leading to the MCTDHF and MCTDHB methods for fermions and bosons. The third section presents a wide spectrum of very different applications to reflect the large diversity of problems that can be tackled by MCTDH. The result is handbook and ready reference for theoretical chemists, physicists, chemists, graduate students, lecturers and software producers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527320189 20160528
- Publication date
- 9783527320189 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 3527320180 (cloth : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: