Literary manuscripts [electronic resource] : Victorian manuscripts from the Henry W. and Albert A. Berg Collection of the New York Public Library
- New York, N.Y. : New York Public Library, 2008-
- New York Public Library.
- The Berg Collection is recognised as one of the finest literary research collections in the world, and the Victorian holdings are the undisputed jewel in its crown. A broad range of authors from across the nineteenth century make this an essential research tool for all scholars and students researching Victorian literature. Most of these unique manuscripts are unavailable in any medium elsewhere. Supplemented by some rare printed materials, including early editions annotated by the authors. Each author collection is included in its entirety, allowing users to browse and search the manuscripts. Authors includeMatthew Arnold, the Brontes, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Robert Browning, Wilkie Collins, Joseph Conrad. Charles Dickens, George Eliot, George Gissing, Thomas Hardy, Henry James, Dante Gabriel Rossetti, John Ruskin, Alfred Tennyson, William makepeace Thackeray. Unpublished poems, working notebooks, holograph manuscripts and drawings trace the inspiration and genesis behind the period's greatest works. Provides a mass of personal correspondence revealing the close circles and interconnectedness of the Victorians.
- Berg, Henry W., 1858-1938.
- Berg, Albert A., 1872-1950
- Berg Collection.
- Authors, English > 19th century > Databases.
- Authors, American > 19th century > Databases.
- Manuscripts, English > New York (State) > New York > Databases.
- Manuscripts, American > New York (State) > New York > Databases.
- English literature > 19th century > Databases.
- American literature > 19th century > Databases.
- English literature > First editions > Databases.
- American literature > First editions > Databases.
- Literature > Databases.
- Book collecting > United States > Databases.
- Database topics
- British and Commonwealth Literary Studies
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Victorian manuscripts from the Henry W. and Albert A. Berg Collection of the New York Public Library
- Berg collection of English and American literature
- HTML title bar title: Literary manuscripts, Berg
- Title from home page (viewed