From the margins 1 : women of the Hebrew Bible and their afterlives
- edited by Peter S. Hawkins and Lesleigh Cushing Stahlberg.
- Sheffield [England] : Sheffield Phoenix Press, 2009.
- Physical description
- xviii, 198 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Bible in the modern world 18.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Hagar en procès : the abject in search of subjectivity / J. Cheryl Exum
- Bibles, midrashism, and medieval tales : the artistic journey of Potiphar's wife / Ena Giurescu Heller
- Saviors and liars : the midwives of Exodus 1 / Esther Schor
- Brides of blood : women at the outset of Exodus / Jacqueline Osherow
- God's trophy whore / Peter S. Hawkins
- How a woman unmans a king : gender reversal and the woman of Thebez in Judges 9 / Ken Stone
- The dissemination of Jephthah's daighter / Susanna Bede Caroselli
- Asking at Abel : a wise woman's proverb performance in 2 Samuel 20 / Katheryn Pfisterer Darr
- From biblical blanket to post-biblical blank slate : the lives and times of Abishag the Shunammite / Lesleigh Cushing Strahlberg
- Is Naomi a liberal pluralist? The politics of loss and renewal in Jonathan Edwards's sermon, 'Ruth's Resolution' / Jay Twomey
- The strange case of the disappearing woman : biblical resonances in Kafka's Fräulein Bürstner / Martien A. Halvorson-Taylor
- Ms Job and the problem of God : a feminist, existentialist, materialist reading / Erin Runions.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- From the margins one
- The Bible in the modern world, 1747-9630 ; 18
- "This volume began its life in March 2007, its contents being delivered at a conference sponsored by Boston University's Luce Program in Scripture and Literary Arts"--Acknowl.
- 9781906055493 (hbk.)
- 1906055491 (hbk.)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: