Luna : a novel
- by Julie Anne Peters.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Little, Brown, 2004.
- Physical description
- 248 p. ; 22 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PS3566 .E75534 L86 2004||Unknown|
- Peters, Julie Anne.
- Publisher's Summary
- In Peters's critically acclaimed novel, she explores another neglected but important issue: the inspirational story of a transgendered teen. Luna confronts the mystery, the confusion and the struggles of gender identity in this profound, heartbreaking, yet ultimately heartening story. Through the eyes of his sixteen-year-old sister Regan, struggling with her own adolescence, we witness Liam resolve to stop hiding in his basement bedroom, and become Luna to the outside world. This groundbreaking novel paves the way towards understanding the demands put upon a transgender and challenges us all to embrace our identities.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Contributor biographical information
- Transsexuals > Fiction.
- Brothers and sisters > Fiction.
- Identity > Fiction.
- Family problems > Fiction.
- Transsexuals > Juvenile fiction.
- Brothers and sisters > Juvenile fiction.
- Identity (Psychology) > Juvenile fiction.
- Dysfunctional families > Juvenile fiction.
- Local subject
- American Library Association Best Books for YA 2005.
- Publication date
- "Megan Tingley books."
- 0316011274 (pbk.)
- 9780316011273 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: