This land was made for you and me : the life and songs of Woody Guthrie
- Elizabeth Partridge.
- New York : Viking, 2002.
- Physical description
- 217 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|ML3930 .G88 P37 2002||Unknown|
- Partridge, Elizabeth.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 211) and index.
- 1912-1919 Insane-asylum baby
- 1919-1929 Boomtown
- 1929-1935 Dusty old dust
- 1935-1938 California and Lefty Lou
- 1938-1940 "Woody sez"
- 1940-1941 Hitting the big time
- 1941-1942 On the road again
- 1942-1943 Folksay dancers
- 1943-1945 Shipping out
- 1946-1947 Stackybones
- 1947-1952 Alcohol and fists
- 1952-1954 Last run for freedom
- 1954-1967 Windblown seeds
- Resources: Woody Guthrie Foundation and Archives; Huntington's disease.
- A biography of Woody Guthrie, a singer who wrote over 3,000 folk songs and ballads as he traveled around the United States, including "This Land is Your Land" and "So Long It's Been Good to Know Yuh."
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
- Guthrie, Woody, 1912-1967 > Juvenile literature.
- Folk singers > United States > Biography > Juvenile literature.
- Guthrie, Woody, 1912-1967.
- Folk music.
- Juvenile materials.
- Local subject
- American Library Association Best Books for YA 2003; American Library Association Notable Children's Bk 2003; Horn Book Fanfare List 2003; Notable Children's Trade Book/Social Studies 2003; Booklist Editor's Choice/Books for Youth 2002; Boston Globe/Horn Book Award 2002; Golden Kite Award 2002; School Library Journal Best Books 2002.
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: