A river of words : the story of William Carlos Williams
- written by Jen Bryant ; illustrated by Melissa Sweet.
- Grand Rapids, Mich. : Eerdmans Books for Young Readers, 2008.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 27 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PS3545 .I544 Z5823 2008||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- From the Publisher: A Junior Library Guild Selection. Willie loved to write-words gave him freedom and peace. But he also knew that he needed to earn a living, so when he grew up he went off to medical school and became a doctor-one of the busiest men in town! Yet he never stopped writing. In this picture book biography of poet William Carlos Williams, Jen Bryant's engaging prose and Melissa Sweet's stunning mixed-media illustrations celebrate the amazing man whose poems about ordinary, everyday things will inspire young readers to create poems of their own.
- Williams, William Carlos, 1883-1963 > Childhood and youth > Juvenile literature.
- Poets, American > 20th century > Biography > Juvenile literature.
- Physicians > United States > Biography > Juvenile literature.
- Williams, William Carlos, 1883-1963 > Childhood and youth.
- Poets, American > 20th century > Biography.
- Physicians > United States > Biography.
- Publication date
- Accelerated Reader/Renaissance Learning LG 4.6 0.5
- Caldecott Honor Book, 2009.
- 9780802853028 (alk. paper)
- 0802853021 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: