Distance and blended learning in Asia
- Colin Latchem and Insung Jung.
- New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- xiv, 266 p. ; 24 cm.
- Open & flexible learning series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC5803 .C65 L275 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 221-252) and index.
- Technology, e-readiness and e-learning readiness
- Open schooling, schoolnets and ICT integration in classrooms
- Higher education
- Lifelong learning, workplace training, professional development and non-formal adult and community education
- New providers and new markets
- ICT integration in and beyond the school
- Instructional design, learner support, and assessment in e-learning
- Leadership for educational change and innovation
- Quality assurance and accreditation
- Staff training and development
- Research, publication and translating research into practice
- Publisher's Summary
- "Distance and Blended Learning in Asia" is a unique and comprehensive overview of open, distance learning (ODL) and information and communication technology (ICT) in Asian education and training. Broad in coverage, this book critically examines ODL and ICT experiences from Japan to Turkey and from Sri Lanka to Mongolia - drawing conclusions from the successes and failures, and recommending ways in which planning, management and practice may be developed for the world's largest concentration of adult open and distance learners. This pioneering book draws on Asian theory, research and practice to identify the strengths, weaknesses and challenges in all sectors of Asian education and training. It critically and insightfully discusses the ideas, skills and practices that are necessary to advance knowledge in leadership and management, professional development, innovation and quality assurance and research and diffusion. "Distance and Blended Learning in Asia" provides an insightful, informative and critical review of ODL/ICT developments in schools, open schooling, colleges, universities, workplace training, professional development and non-formal adult and community education. The book is an invaluable reference for ODL/ICT professionals, educators and students anywhere in the world, and is essential reading for all of those involved in ODL/ICT in Asia.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Open and flexible learning series
- 9780415994095 (cloth)
- 0415994098 (cloth)
- 9780415994101 (paper)
- 0415994101 (paper)
- 9780203878774 (ebk.)
- 0203878779 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: