Critical thinking skills for education students
- Brenda Judge, Patrick Jones and Elanie McCreery.
- Exeter [England] : Learning Matters, 2009.
- Physical description
- v, 58 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Study skills in education.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2395.35 .J83 2009||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Critical Thinking and Critical Analysis- why are they important?-- A critical thinking community-- Analysing a placement context-- Analysing data and interpreting findings-- Analysing our own writing.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781844452705 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This book will help education students develop their understanding of critical analysis. It outlines the skills needed to examine and challenge data and encourages an appreciation of how this way of thinking can enrich the personal and professional development of students. It gives clear definitions of key terms and examples of how to analyse data. The book sets out how Action Learning Sets can contribute to analytical skills and helps students develop self-evaluation skills in order to recognize personal values and perceptions. This book will help develop confidence in using critical analysis through modelling, case studies and reflective tasks.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781844452705 20160528
- Publication date
- Study skills in education
- 9781844452705 (pbk.)
- 1844452700 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: