Empowering students to write and re-write : standards-based strategies for middle and high school teachers
- Warren E. Combs.
- Larchmont, NY : Eye On Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- xii, 210 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB1631 .C655 2010
- Unknown LB1631 .C655 2010
- Combs, Warren E.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- Give your students the confidence to continuously improve their writing. In "Empowering Students to Write and Re-write: Standards-Based Strategies for Middle and High School Teachers, " author and educator Warren Combs provides teachers with detailed strategies and lesson plans, along with real student writing samples. Review true-to-life scripts for conversations between teachers and students, and use or create student-friendly response and final evaluation forms. Also, learn a simple system for setting student expectations to help them reach curriculum standards. Combs describes effective routines of formative self-assessment, and shows teachers how to form a professional learning team with their colleagues using the 6-session professional learning guide. Teachers will help their students: Self-assess their progress with accuracy Revise partial and whole drafts Kindle their innate writing abilities Cultivate a mindset for revision This book is written in a teacher-friendly mannger and has practical strategies for the teaching of revision. --Cindi Rigsbee NC Teacher of the Year.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781596671232 (paper : alk. paper)
- 1596671238 (paper : alk. paper)