- Gavin Reid and Shannon Green ; illustrated by Tessa Lee.
- London ; New York : Continuum, c2009.
- Physical description
- viii, 97 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Ideas in action (Network Continuum Education)
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1025.3 .R444 2009||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- 1. Identifying Barriers to Learning-- 2. Learning to Learn-- 3. Memory-- 4. Motivation-- 5. Reading and Creative Writing-- 6. Successful Learning-- 7. Whole School Approaches.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781847065322 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides practical strategies for teachers on how to develop and encourage learning in the classroom and in the wider school context. For a young person to have a successful career at school and become a lifelong learner it is essential that they develop the skills to learn effectively. This timely book looks at ways in which teachers can identify and deal with barriers to learning and suggests strategies which motivate young people to develop an interest in their own learning. This highly practical series contains a wide range of books of importance to teachers, trainees and NQTs. Each book is packed with ready-to-use activities to be used in the classroom. They are quick and easy to dip into: each technique is presented on the left-hand page, and the facing right-hand page shows a practical activity to put that technique into practice.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781847065322 20160528
- Publication date
- Ideas in action series
- 9781847065322 (pbk.)
- 1847065325 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: