Multicultural teaching : a handbook of activities, information, and resources
- Pamela L. Tiedt, Iris M. Tiedt.
- 8th ed.
- Boston, Mass. : Allyn & Bacon, c2010.
- Physical description
- xx, 406 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC1099.3 .T54 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 391-394) and index.
- Table of Contents Preface Part I: MULTICULTURAL TEACHING AND LEARNINGChapter 1: The Changing Face of Multicultural ThinkingChapter 2: Becoming a Culturally Competent TeacherChapter 3: Teaching Strategies for the Multicultural Classroom PART II: INTEGRATING MULTICULTURALISM ACROSS THE CURRICULUMChapter 4: Multicultural Language Arts/ReadingChapter 5: Multicultural Social StudiesChapter 6: Multicultural ScienceChapter 7: Multicultural MathematicsChapter 8: Multicultural ArtChapter 9: Multicultural Ideas for Every Day of the Year PART III: CONTINUING THE JOURNEY TOWARD MULTICULTURAL COMPETENCY Chapter 10: Language: Communication and Culture Chapter 11: Identifying External Socioeconomic Factors that Affect Student Learning Chapter 12: Continuing Your Professional Development AppendixA. Multicultural FilmsB. Books Too Good to Miss C. A Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780137011018 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This practical text, which defines multicultural education broadly to include all types of diversity, provides a wealth of content area-specific activities to help teachers implement an inclusive curriculum that meets the individual needs of each student. Bringing theory and practice together and applying a model focusing on Esteem, Empathy, and Equity, the authors encourage reflection and discussion through working with Reflective Teaching Portfolios and Cooperative Learning Groups at the end of each chapter. Teacher candidates learn the implications of such topics as language diversity, the academic achievement gap, and racism along with guidance to plan lessons designed to develop a community of learners in their classroom.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780137011018 20160528
- Publication date
- 9780137011018 (paper)
- 0137011016 (paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: