Guided comprehension in grades 3-8
- Maureen McLaughlin, Mary Beth Allen.
- Combined 2nd ed.
- Newark, DE : International Reading Association, c2009.
- Physical description
- xi, 369 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1573.7 .M375 2009||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 347-355) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- The Guided Comprehension Model is a step-by-step teaching framework that encourages students to become active, strategic readers by providing explicit strategy instruction, opportunities for engagement, and a variety of texts and instructional settings. This book has everything you need to use the Guided Comprehension Model effectively with your students. Part I introduces new ideas for teaching Guided Comprehension and updated resources that support its evidence base. Part II features 20 new lessons and includes planning forms, teacher commentaries and think-alouds, samples of student work, and theme-based resources. Suggestions for differentiating instruction, including teaching English learners, are integrated throughout. Helpful appendixes offer teaching ideas, new classroom applications, reproducible black line masters, forms for organizing and managing Guided Comprehension centers and routines, literature response prompts, leveled book resources, and assessment forms. This book combines and completely updates the bestsellers "Guided Comprehension: A Teaching Model for Grades 3-8" and "Guided Comprehension in Action: Lessons for Grades 3-8" into one comprehensive resource.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780872077126 20160528
- Publication date
- 9780872077126 (pbk.)
- 0872077128 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: