The complete angler, or Contemplative man's recreation; being a discourse on rivers, fish-ponds, fish, and fishing: in two parts
- the first written by Mr. Isaac Walton, the second by Charles Cotton, esq.; with the lives of the authors, and notes historical, critical, and explanatory. By Sir John Hawkins, knt.
- The 4th ed., with large additions.
- London, J., F., and C. Rivington, 1784.
- Physical description
- 2 v. in 1. fronts. (v. 2, port.) illus., xiv pl. 18 cm.
Also available at
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
- Publication date
- Part II has title: The complete angler ... Being instructions how to angle for a trout or grayling in a clear stream ...
- Horizontal chain lines.
- With five final index leaves.
- ESTC (BL), T84917.
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC): Provenance: The Brick Row book Shop (bookseller's label).
Browse related items
Start at call number: