Trombone cholly [sound recording] : a blues vocal
- Brooks. Yellow dog blues : a blues vocal / Handy.
- [United States] : Jazz Classics, [195-?]
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm, mono. ; 10 in.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
JAZZ CLASSICS 523
Note: Original record sleeve lacking
- Brooks, George.
- Smith, Bessie, 1894-1937 Performer
- Smith, Joe, 1902-1937. Performer
- Green, Charlie Performer
- Bailey, Buster Performer
- Hawkins, Coleman Performer
- Henderson, Fletcher, 1897-1952 Performer
- Dixon, Charlie, approximately 1898-1940. Performer
- Marshall, Kaiser, 1899-1948. Performer
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- Jazz Classics: 523 A (matrix), 523 B (matrix).
- Reissue of previously released material.
- Bessie Smith, vocal (1st-2nd works) ; Joe Smith, cornet (1st-2nd works) ; Charlie Green, trombone (1st-2nd works) ; Buster Bailey, clarinet (2nd work) ; Coleman Hawkins, tenor sax (2nd work) ; F. Henderson, piano (1st-2nd works) ; Charlie Dixon, banjo (2nd work) ; Kaiser Marshall, drums (2nd work).
- Recorded in New York, Mar. 3, 1927 (1st work), and May 6, 1925--Cf. Lord, T. Jazz discography online.
- Included Work
- Yellow dog blues.
- Publisher Number
- 523 A Jazz Classics
- 523 B Jazz Classics