Intercultural communication in contexts
- Judith N. Martin, Thomas K. Nakayama.
- 5th ed.
- Boston : McGraw-Hill Higher Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (various pagings) : ill. (some col.), maps (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- PART I. FOUNDATIONS OF INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATION Chapter 1. Why Study Intercultural Communication? Chapter 2. The History of the Study of Intercultural Communication Chapter 3. Culture, Communication, Context, and Power Chapter 4. History and Intercultural Communication PART II. INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATION PROCESSES Chapter 5. Identity and Intercultural Communication Chapter 6. Language and Intercultural Communication Chapter 7. Nonverbal Codes and Cultural Space PART III. INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATION APPLICATIONS Chapter 8. Understanding Intercultural Transitions Chapter 9. Popular Culture and Intercultural Communication Chapter 10. Culture, Communication, and Intercultural Relationships Chapter 11. Culture, Communication, and Conflict Chapter 12. Striving for Engaged and Effective Intercultural Communication.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780073385129 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This popular text addresses the core issues and concerns of intercultural communication by integrating three different perspectives: the social psychological, the interpretive, and the critical. The dialectical framework, integrated throughout the book, is used as a lens to examine the relationship of these research traditions. This text is unique in its emphasis on the importance of histories, popular culture, and identities. The new edition features expanded discussion on globalization, computer-mediated technologies, and the role of religion in global and domestic contexts and how they relate to intercultural communication.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780073385129 20160528
- Intercultural communication.
- Publication date
- 9780073385129 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0073385123 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: