Picture this : photography activities for early childhood learning
- Susan Entz.
- 2nd ed.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2009.
- Physical description
- xiii, 233 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1043.67 .E58 2009||Unknown|
- Entz, Susan.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 223) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgments About the Author Introduction 1. Technology Technology Introduction 2. Standards, Assessment, and Documentation Introduction Professional Portfolio Student Portfolios Funfolios Site-Visit Report Stages of Social Play Stages of Cognitive Play Checklist-Plus Behavioral Snapshots Kindergarten Readiness PowerPoint Slide Show E-Folios Accreditation Portfolio 3. Language Language Introduction Lights, Camera, Action Where's the Bear? Photo Shoot Picture This Learning Lotto Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow Color a Rainbow Whose Shoes? I'm Thinking of... On your Mark, Get Set, Name It 4. Storytelling/Drama Storytelling/Drama Introduction I Am the Story Storytime Puzzle The Great Magnetic Me Create a Tale Tell Me a Tale Block Heads My Own Slide Show When I Grow Up Puppet Fun Watch Me 5. Emerging Literacy Emerging Literacy Introduction Picture a Word My Favorite Character "Label It" Book Picture a Project Look at What We Did Look at Me Greeting Cards Catch Me If You Can Sample Word Cards Personalized Shape Books 6. Social Studies Social Studies Introduction "Shining Stars" Book Watch Me Grow! Where in the World Are We? Chef du Jour Face the Feeling Mapmakers What's in Here? Occupation Visitation Who's Playing? You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby 7. Physical Development Physical Development Introduction Architects Under Construction Look at What I Can Do How Does It Move? Follow the Flag Do the Locomotion Tactile Mats Sorting Out the Themes Lace a Favorite Photo Place Mats Silhouettes 8. Mathematics Mathematics Introduction A Place for Everything Look at My Day The Shape of Things Eating by Numbers Call Me Counting on You Treasure Hunt Exercise by the Day Part of the Whole Big, Bigger, Biggest 9. Sensory Exploration Sensory Exploration Introduction What's Missing? Funny Friends Sound Lotto Going on a Trip Texture Walk Touch a Poster Sniff a Recipe By Nose Alone Minestrone Sweet and Sour 10. Science Science Introduction Weight for Me Animal Tails Magnetic Challenge Healthful Snack Partners What Grows? How's the Weather? The Steps of Planting Rising to the Occasion Magic Crystals Science Talk 11. Toddlers and Technology Toddlers and Technology Introduction Picture-Object Match Photo Lotto Color Matching Game Happy, Sad, Mad Posters My First Numbers Look What I Can Do! Photo Name Cards What Do You See? My Family Poster Room Sort 12. Children With Special Needs Children With Special Needs Introduction Two-Part Reading Cards What's Next? Picture Exchange Antecedent-Behavior-Consequence (ABC) What's Happening? Individual Itineraries Number Hunt Self-Help Graph Who Is Not Here Today? Communications Book References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- 'A direct, dynamic approach to learning for early childhood' - Karla Bronzynski, First-Grade Teacher, Eldora-New Providence School District, IA. 'A wonderful resource for using photography across all the developmental domains. This very practical and useful book supports all of its activities with sound developmental practices' - Michelle Barnea, Early Childhood Consultant. In the second edition of "Picture This", the author explores the expanded photography options that are now available for enriching early childhood instruction. Children are thrilled when they see themselves in pictures, and this book shows teachers how to place them at the center of an exciting visual learning process. Written in a user-friendly format and filled with illustrations, the book provides field-tested and developmentally appropriate photography activities across 10 subject areas, including emerging literacy, physical development, sensory exploration, social studies, math/science, and drama. Each activity offers an objective and description and can be adapted for independent exploration, one-on-one instruction, small groups, and family involvement. Three new chapters discuss: ongoing student assessment, the use of standards, and systematic documentation; activities for children with special needs; and the use of photography with toddlers. Enrich your early childhood curriculum and fully engage young children through the fascinating world of digital photography.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781412971287 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1412971284 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781412971294 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412971292 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: