Inventario d'Instrumenti dificile
- Jacobus filius condam Ser Lodovici de Montebarucio.
- Latin. In Latin.
- [North Italy, between 1465 and 1468].
- Physical description
- 105 (of 109) numbered paper leaves ; page size ca. 30 x 21.5 cm. (text size ca. 24 x 16 cm.), bound.
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MSS CODEX 1051 F||In-library use|
- Montebarucio, Jacobus de.
- Extensive collection of notary's office instruments from the years 1465 to 1468, dealing with dowry contracts and sales agreements from Ravenna and Udine.
- Montebarucio, Lodovici de.
- Legal documents > Italy > Ravenna > History > To 1500 > Sources.
- Legal documents > Italy > Udine > History > To 1500 > Sources.
- Legal instruments.
- Law > Italy > History.
- Italy > Social life and customs > Sources.
- Mombaroccio (Italy) > History.
- Publication date
- Ms. codex.
- Title (in Italian) at the beginning from a later hand (18th century?), and additional text, also in Italian, on the last page in the same hand.
- The paper has two watermarks; one depicting a scale with four compass points connected with half circles and a hanging "b" with a line through it within a circle. Paper is uncut; a few leaves are loose.
- Script: Italian chancellery-italic in brown ink with extensive use of abbreviations. An added bifolium with 3 pages of text in the same hand is tipped in.
- Binding: 18th century limp vellum wrappers taken from another work.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Once the abbreviations are expanded, the statement of responsibility would read, "Ego Jacobus filius condam Ser Lodouici de Montebarucio publicus imperiali auctoritate notarius predictis omnibus interfui et rogatus scripsi." It roughly tanslates to, "I, Jacob, son of the late Ser Luigi de Montebarucio, public notary by imperial authority, being present and having been invited, wrote all of the preceding."
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: