The international encyclopedia of communication
- edited by Wolfgang Donsbach.
- Malden, MA : Blackwell Pub., 2008.
- Physical description
- 12 v. (ccxxxiv, 5694 p.) : ill. ; 26 cm.
Find it Information Center
|P87.5 .I58 2008 V.1||In-library use|
|P87.5 .I58 2008 V.2||In-library use|
|P87.5 .I58 2008 V.3||In-library use|
|P87.5 .I58 2008 V.4||In-library use|
|P87.5 .I58 2008 V.5||In-library use|
|P87.5 .I58 2008 V.6||In-library use|
|P87.5 .I58 2008 V.7||In-library use|
|P87.5 .I58 2008 V.8||In-library use|
|P87.5 .I58 2008 V.9||In-library use|
|P87.5 .I58 2008 V.10||In-library use|
|P87.5 .I58 2008 V.11||In-library use|
|P87.5 .I58 2008 V.12||In-library use|
Library has: v.1-
- Donsbach, Wolfgang, 1949-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Lexicon. Contributors. Introduction. Entries in alphabetical order (each volume A-E / F-K / etc) including cross references and further reading and ranging from 500-6000 words per entry. Bibliography (if any). Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781405131995 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- "The International Encyclopedia of Communication" represents the definitive reference work in this interdisciplinary and dynamic field. This authoritative twelve-volume set is jointly published by Wiley-Blackwell and the International Communication Association (ICA), the leading academic association of the discipline in the world. The book is definitive - it offers a ground-breaking collection of 1,339 original entries within a 12 volume set, spanning the scholarship, evidence, and methodology of communication research; reputable - it is jointly published by Blackwell Publishing and the prestigious International Communication Association (ICA); and authoritative - newly-commissioned entries are divided into 29 editorial areas representing major fields of inquiry within communication, each of which is headed by a leading expert in their respective field. The book is interdisciplinary - editorial areas include: communication theory and philosophy, interpersonal communication, journalism, intercultural and intergroup communication, media effects, strategic communication/PR, communication and media law and policy, media systems in the world, and communication and technology. The book is: wide-ranging - spans the breadth of communication studies, including coverage of theories, media and communication phenomena, research methods, problems, concepts, and geographical areas within this dynamic and interdisciplinary field; international - brings together new entries written and edited by an international team of the world's best scholars and teachers, representing the international character of the ICA; accessible - contains reader-friendly A-Z entries ranging from extended explorations of major topics to short descriptions of key concepts, with sophisticated cross-referencing and search facilities, lexicon by subject area, and a comprehensive index; multi-format - The Encyclopedia will publish simultaneously in print and electronic formats, both of which will be fully accessible and searchable. This unique and inclusive work will strengthen the identity of the growing field of communication studies, support its institutions, and most of all, improve the study of communication problems and phenomena worldwide.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781405131995 20160528
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- 9781405131995 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1405131993 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: