The social psychology of the classroom
- Elisha Babad.
- New York : Routledge, 2009.
- Physical description
- xv, 263 p. ; 24 cm.
- Routledge research in education 28.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3013 .B23 2009||Unknown|
- Babad, Elisha Y.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -254) and indexes.
- Part I: The Social Psychology of the Classroom 1. The Classroom as a Social Environment 2. Social Motivation, Students' Needs and Self-Esteem 3. The Teacher's Role(s) Part II: Social Measurement in the Classroom 4. Social Structure and Sociometric Measurement in the Classroom 5. Measurement of Classroom Climate Part III: Teacher-Student Interaction and Teacher Expectancy Effects 6. "Pygmalion in the Classroom": Teacher Expectancies and Teacher Bias 7. Teachers' Differential Behavior in the Classroom 8. The Teacher's Pet Phenomenon Part IV: Classroom Management 9. Classroom Management: Historical Trends and Contemporary Approach 10. Punishment and Effective Management of Discipline Problems 11. Behavioral Analysis of Common Pitfalls in Classroom Management Part V: Nonverbal Behavior in the Classroom 12. Basic Concepts and Issues in Nonverbal Research 13. Students' Nonverbal Behavior 14. Teachers' Nonverbal Behavior Part VI: Educating and Changing Students 15. Educating Students 16. Changing Students.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415999298 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Teachers often find that their training has not provided them with sufficient knowledge and understanding about underlying social forces and processes in their classrooms. This book examines the social psychology of the classroom and facilitating the application of social psychological knowledge in the classroom.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415999298 20160528
- Publication date
- Routledge research in education ; 28
- 9780415999298 (hbk.)
- 0415999294 (hbk.)
- 9780203872475 (ebk.)
- 0203872479 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: