Paul Chihara [electronic resource].
- Chihara, Paul, 1938-
- Endo, Akira. Conductor
- Pittel, Harvey Instrumentalist
- Stokes, Sheridon Instrumentalist
- Bobo, Roger Instrumentalist
- Watson, Kenneth (Percussionist) Instrumentalist
- Pershing, Karen Ervin. Instrumentalist
- Kupka, Craig. Instrumentalist
- Ose, Robert. Instrumentalist
- Sawhill, Kenny. Instrumentalist
- Turetzky, Bertram, 1933- Instrumentalist
- Weisberg, Arthur Instrumentalist
- MacCourt, Donald Instrumentalist
- DeVaron, Lorna Cooke, 1921-2018 Conductor
- Louisville Orchestra Performer
- Philadelphia String Quartet Performer
- New England Conservatory Chorus Performer
- DRAM (Online service)
- Concerto for saxophone & orchestra (13:25)
- Forest music for orchestra (12:53)
- Willow, willow (10:17)
- Logs (6:05)
- Branches (6:32)
- Driftwood (7:28)
- Missa carminum brevis (Folk song mass) (12:39)
- Magnificat (5:52).
- Included Work
- Chihara, Paul, 1938- Concertos, saxophone, orchestra.
- Chihara, Paul, 1938- Forest music.
- Chihara, Paul, 1938- Willow, willow.
- Chihara, Paul, 1938- Logs.
- Chihara, Paul, 1938- Branches.
- Chihara, Paul, 1938- Driftwood.
- Chihara, Paul, 1938- Missa carminum brevis.
- Chihara, Paul, 1938- Magnificat.
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- Streaming audio.
- Principally instrumental works; the 1st for saxophone and orchestra; the 2nd for orchestra; the 3rd for bass flute, tuba, percussion and trombones; the 4th for double bass; the 5th for 2 bassoons and percussion, the 6th for string quartet; the 7th-8th for unacc. chorus (mixed and women's voices, respectively.
- Title from image of compact disc cover on Web page (viewed July 10, 2007).
- Compact disc; analog recording.
- Includes program notes.
- Digital content provided by DRAM; access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- In the 1st-2nd works: Louisville Orchestra ; Akira Endo, conductor ; with (1st work) Harvey Pittel, saxophone. In the 3rd work: Sheridon Strokes, bass flute ; Roger Bobo, tuba ; Kenneth Watson, Karen Ervin, Paul Chihara, percussion ; Craig Kupka, Robert Ose, Kenny Sawhill, trombones. In the 4th: Bertram Turetzky, double bass. In the 5th: Arthur Weisberg, Donald MacCourt, bassoons ; Kenneth Watson, percussion. In the 6th: Philadelphia Quartet. In the 7th-8th: Chorus of the New England Conservatory ; Lorna Cooke deVaron, conductor.
- Recorded, variously, July 1970 and Jan. 1979; originally released as analog discs (CRI SD 269, SD 409; Louisville First Edition LS-677, LS-781).
- Also available as compact disc; previously issued as CRI CD 815.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- System requirements: Web browser; QuickTime 6.5.2 or later.
- Publisher Number
- CR815 DRAM