Straighten up and fly right [electronic resource] : rhythm and blues from the close of the swing era to the dawn of rock'n'roll
- New York, N.Y. : DRAM, 
- Hampton, Lionel Performer
- Turner, Joe, 1911-1985 Performer
- Johnson, Pete, 1904-1967 Performer
- Cole, Nat King, 1919-1965 Performer
- Moore, Oscar. Performer
- Miller, Johnny. Performer
- Gant, Cecil, 1913-1951 Performer
- Jordan, Louis, 1908-1975 Performer
- Walker, T-Bone, 1910-1975.
- Harris, Wynonie, 1915-1969 Performer
- Bradshaw, Tiny, 1905-1958 Performer
- Hopkins, Lightnin', 1912-1982 Performer
- Thornton, Big Mama Performer
- Brown, Ruth, 1928-2006 Performer
- Til, Sonny, -1981. Performer
- Muddy Waters, 1915-1983.
- Lionel Hampton Orchestra. Performer
- Golden Gate Quartet Performer
- Tympany Five Performer
- Recorded Anthology of American Music, Inc.
- DRAM (Online service)
- Program notes, in part by Don Heckman, discographical information, and lists of personnel ( p. ) on and bound in container.
- Flying home / L. Hampton and others (Lionel Hampton & orch.)
- Roll 'em Pete / Johnson, P. and Turner, J. (Joe Turner; Pete Johnson)
- The sun didn't shine / Fennoy, R. (Golden Gate Quartet)
- Straighten up and fly right / Cole, N. and Mills, I. (Nat King Cole, Oscar Moore, Johnny Miller)
- I wonder / Gant, C. and Leveen, R. (Cecil Gant)
- Choo choo ch' boogie / Horton, V. and others (Louis Jordan and his Tympany Five)
- Call it stormy Monday / Walker, A. (T-bone Walker)
- Good rockin' tonight / Brown, R. (Wynonie "Blues" Harris)
- Give me a simple prayer / Kohen, J. (The Ravens)
- Well, oh well / Bradshaw, T. and others (Tiny Bradshaw and his orchestra)
- Hello, Central / Hopkins, S. (Lightnin' Hopkins)
- One mint julep / Toombs, R. (The Clovers)
- Hound dog / Leiber, J. and others (Willie Mae "Big Mama" Thornton)
- Mama, he treats your daughter mean / Wallace, J. and others (Ruth Brown)
- Crying in the chapel / Glenn, A. (Sonny Til and the Orioles)
- Hoochie coochie man / Waters, M. (Muddy Waters).
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- Title Variation
- Rhythm and blues from the close of the swing era to the dawn of rock 'n' roll
- Streaming audio.
- Durations on labels.
- At head of title: Recorded Anthology of American Music, Inc.
- Rhythm and blues, jazz, and rock; various performers.
- Includes program notes.
- Title from image of compact disc cover on Web page (viewed July 10, 2007).
- Digital content provided by DRAM; access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Recorded 1938-56.
- Also available as compact disc; previously issued as New World Records NW 261.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- System requirements: Web browser; QuickTime 6.5.2 or later.
- Publisher Number
- NW261 DRAM