Barnacle Bill, the sailor [sound recording]
- Frank Luther, Carson Robison ; Hoagy Carmichael and his orchestra. Bessie couldn't help it / Warner, Richmond, Bayha ; Hoagy Carmichael and his orchestra.
- Camden, N.J. : Victor, [1936?]
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm, mono. ; 10 in.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|VICTOR 25371||In-library use|
- Carmichael, Hoagy, 1899-1981.
- Luther, Frank, 1905-1980.
- Robison, Carson.
- Beiderbecke, Bix, 1903-1931 Performer
- Goodman, Benny, 1909-1986 Performer
- Dorsey, Tommy, 1905-1956 Performer
- Krupa, Gene, 1909-1973 Performer
- Bayha, Charles A. (Charles Anthony), 1891-1957.
- Freeman, Bud, 1906-1991 Performer
- Teagarden, Jack, 1905-1964 Performer
- Publication date
- Victor: 25371A (matrix)--25371B (matrix).
- Fox trots.
- Hoagy Carmichael and his orchestra, performers; featuring Bix Beiderbecke, Benny Goodman, Tom Dorsey, and Gene Krupa (side A). [Hoagy Carmichael, vocals, director; Bix Beiderbecke, cornet; Bubber Miley, trumpet; Tommy Dorsey, trombone; Benny Goodman, clarinet; unknown, alto saxophone; Bud Freeman, tenor saxophone; Joe Venuti, violin, vocals; Irving Brodsky, piano, vocals; Eddie Lang, guitar; Harry Goodman, tuba; Gene Krupa, drums; Carson Robison, vocals]--Cf. Jazz Records, 1897-1942 / Rust, c1978.
- Hoagy Carmichael and his orchestra, performers; featuring Bix Beiderbecke, Bud Freeman, and Jack Teagarden (side B). [Hoagy Carmichael, vocals, director; Bix Beiderbecke, cornet; Ray Lodwig, trumpet; Jack Teagarden, Boyce Cullen, trombone; Jimmy Dorsey, clarinet, alto saxophone; Arnold Brilhart, alto saxophone; Bud Freeman, tenor saxophone; Min Leibrook, baritone saxophone; Joe Venuti, violin; Irving Brodsky, piano; Eddie lang, guitar; Gene Krupa, drums]--Cf. Rust, c1978.
- Recorded in New York, May 21 (side A) and Sept. 15 (side B), 1930--Cf. Rust, c1978.
- Included Work
- Bessie couldn't help it.
- Publisher Number
- 25371 Victor
- 25371A Victor
- 25371B Victor