African-American newspapers. Series 1. 1827-1998
- [Naples, Fla.] : Readex, a division of NewsBank
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Archive of Americana.
- NewsBank, inc.
- Part of the Readex America's Historical Newspapers collection, African American Newspapers, 1827-1998 was created from the most extensive African American newspaper archives in the United States--those of the Wisconsin Historical Society, Kansas State Historical Society and the Library of Congress. Beginning with Freedom's Journal (NY), the first African American newspaper published in the United States, the titles in this resource include The Colored Citizen (OH), Rights of All (NY), Wisconsin Afro-American, New York Age, Virginia Journal and Alexandria Advertiser, Richmond Planet, Cleveland Gazette, The Appeal (MN) and hundreds of others from every region of the U.S.
- African American newspapers > Databases.
- American newspapers > Databases.
- African Americans > History > 19th century > Sources.
- African Americans > History > 20th century > Sources.
- United States > Newspapers.
- United States > Imprints.
- African American newspapers.
- African Americans.
- American newspapers.
- United States.
- Beginning date
- Former Title
- African-American newspapers, 1827-1998 <Nov. 3, 2009>
- Updated monthly
- Vol/date range
- Began in 2009.
- Archive of Americana
- Title from search page (viewed July 6, 2016).
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Related Work
- Freedom's journal (New York, N.Y. : 1827)
- Colored citizen (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Rights of all.
- Wisconsin Afro-American.
- New York age (New York, N.Y. : 1887)
- Virginia journal and Alexandria advertiser.
- Richmond planet.
- Cleveland gazette (Cleveland, Ohio : 1883)
- Appeal (Saint Paul, Minn.)
- America's historical newspapers.