Cyber law : maximizing safety and minimizing risk in classrooms
- Aimée M. Bissonette.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- vii, 115 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|KF4209 .E38 B57 2009||Unknown|
- Bissonette, Aimée M.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 107-110) and index.
- Acknowledgments About the Author Introduction 1. Cyberbullying: Curbing Student Use of Technology to Intimidate and Harass Others 2. Student Use of the Internet: Reducing Inappropriate Internet Behaviors 3. Staff Use of the Internet: Drawing a Line Between Teachers' Public and Private Lives 4. Privacy and Security: Protecting Student Information 5. The School as an Internet Service Provider: Providing Access and Protecting Students 6. Copyright Law in the Classroom: Steering Clear of Legal Liability 7. Policies, Procedures, and Contracts: Communicating Expectations to Teachers, Students, and Parents 8. Ethical Issues: Developing Responsible Internet Citizens 9. Looking Ahead: Keeping an Eye on the Future Resource A: How Laws Affect the Schools and Teachers Who Embrace Technology in Learning Resource B: Sample Acceptable Use Policy Glossary of Terms References Suggested Readings Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412966153 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Concerned that the fast-evolving technology used to empower students also puts the school at risk? The legal issues that affect today's classrooms require a heightened awareness and understanding of Internet safety and cyber law. This timely reference is an essential overview for teachers, media specialists, and administrators covering legal issues related to Internet and technology use. Lawyer and educational policy expert Aimee M. Bissonette provides up-to-date research, jargon-free summaries of legal cases illustrating potentially risky classroom situations, and proactive strategies on: privacy, security, copyright, liability, and safety; internet tools, social networking sites, cyberbullying, and appropriate online behavior; and, the use of non-school electronics such as cell phones, hand held computers, and cameras. With sample policies, procedures, permission forms, and contract language, "Cyber Law" turns complicated legal concepts into concrete ideas that will help schools act responsibly and anticipate new developments.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412966153 20160528
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Maximizing safety and minimizing risk in classrooms
- 9781412966146 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1412966140 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781412966153 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412966159 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: