Designing elementary instruction and assessment : using the cognitive domain
- John L. Badgett, Edwin P. Christmann.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2009.
- Physical description
- ix, 138 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1570 .B3134 2009||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 129-133) and index.
- Acknowledgments About the Authors Introduction 1. Deconstructing the Standards 2. Writing Unit and Daily Instructional Objectives 3. Writing True-False and Completion Items and Matching Exercises 4. Writing Multiple-Choice Items 5. Writing Short-Answer and Essay Items 6. Performance-Based Assessment 7. Portfolios 8. Conclusion References and Further Readings Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412971201 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This user-friendly resource provides clear, step-by-step guidelines for writing measurable objectives and developing appropriate formative and summative assessments to guide instruction in the elementary classroom. Designed around an easy-to-follow model, this book helps teachers develop unit and daily instructional objectives based on state and national content standards for each level of "Bloom's Taxonomy", including synthesis and evaluation. The subsequent chapters cover the main forms of assessment and provide many detailed examples of assessment items drawn from each of the major subject areas. Elementary school teachers will discover how to: deconstruct the standards and write measurable objectives; create true-false, fill-in-the-blank, matching, and multiple choice exercises; write short-answer questions and essay items; and, use performance-based assessments and portfolios. This resource guides teachers through the process of designing specific objectives based on content standards and helps them develop the right assessments to measure their students' development!.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412971201 20160528
- Publication date
- 9781412971201 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1412971209 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781412971218 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412971217 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: