Handbook of research on new media literacy at the K-12 level : issues and challenges
- [edited by] Leo Tan Wee Hin, R. Subramaniam.
- Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, c2009.
- Physical description
- 2 v. (xxx, 956,  p.) : ill. ; 29 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
Library has: v.1-
|LB1043 .H329 2009 V.1||Unknown|
|LB1043 .H329 2009 V.2||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Digital literacy Electronic portfolios Ethical and legal issues Globalizing technological literacy Information problem solving using the Internet Internet chat rooms Knowledge management and communities of practice Learning with laptop computers, handheld computers and tablet PCs Measuring technological literacy Media pathways Online learning communities Perspectives on technological literacy Teaching and learning with technology Teaching English as a second language with technology Technological issues related to teacher education Using technology to create childrenï¿½s books for students by students Using Weblogs to advance literacy Virtual literacy communities.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781605661209 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Technological advancements have greatly impacted and shaped what has now become the educational system through the convergence of curriculum and technology particularly in the expansion of traditional forms of literacy. "The Handbook of Research on New Media Literacy at the K-12 Level: Issues and Challenges" provides comprehensive articles on significant issues, methods, and theories currently combining the studies of technology and literacy. Through analysis by international experts of updated and relevant theories and developments, this must-have reference book presents academicians, field researchers, and scholars with a compendium of unsurpassed research into the new media literacy field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781605661209 20160528
- Publication date
- 9781605661209 (hardcover)
- 1605661201 (hardcover)
- 9781605661216 (ebook)
- 160566121X (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: