Negotiating the public space : activism and democratic politics
- editors, Sarah Ssali and Aramanzani Madanda.
- Kampala, Uganda : Women and Gender Studies, Makerere University, 2006.
- Physical description
- xxvi, 434 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Gendered world series
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The challenges to contemporary liberalism and the women's movement : feminist legal theorist Drucilla Cornell / Avital H. Bloch
- Community-based grass-roots organising / Nancy Wyatt
- Women to women dissident citizen diplomacy : how the Wisconsin Coordinating Council on Nicaragua challenges issues of globalisation in Nicaragua / Clare Weber
- Women's grassroots welfare organisations : toward empowerment and gender equity / Naomi L. Shitemi
- From "give back" to the "gift economy" : the return of the (ethical) repressed / Kaarina Kailo
- European Victorian ethos, Igbo women, and gender (re)construction : an examination of policy implication in colonial Southeastern Nigeria / Gloria I. Chuku
- Whose ideas count? How do women's NGO in the South challenge global development fashions? / Janet Townsend
- Women's organising in post-Yugoslav countries : talking about "donors" / Aida Bagić
- Donor-recipient relations : gender development and agenda setting in South Africa's non-profit sector / Bhekinkosi Moyo
- Micro-credit and the limits of transnational feminism : USAID activities in the United States and Morocco / Winifred Poster and Zakia Salime
- Political regimes and women's economic empowerment : a critical analysis of Uganda in comparative perspective / Julius Kiiza
- Feathering the eagle's nest? the interplay of elite and regime interests in Uganda's women empowerment process / William Mubumuza
- Women's political space : affirmative action in Uganda's parliamentary politics / Nite Tanzarn
- Women managers and feminist leadership in the context of municipal politics in Finland / Liisa Westman
- Effects of state policies on the participation of women in national politics in India / Subhadra Mitra Channa
- Advancing women through leadership training programmes / Susan M. Fredricks.
- Publication date
- Title variation
- Negotiating public space
Browse related items
Start at call number: