Leadership for a better world : understanding the social change model of leadership development
- Komives, Susan R., 1946-
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, c2009.
- Physical description
- xxxiv, 462 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
LB2341 .K66 2009
- Unknown LB2341 .K66 2009
- Wagner, Wendy (Wendy Elizabeth)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface. About the Authors and Editors. PART 1: SOCIAL CHANGE AND THE SOCIAL CHANGE MODEL OF LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT. 1. What Is Social Change (Wendy Wagner)? 2. An Overview of the Social Change Model of Leadership Development (Kristan Cilente). 3. Applying the Social Change Model: A Case Study Approach Jose-Luis Riera). 4. Change (Nurredina Workman). PART 2: SOCIETAL/COMMUNITY VALUES. 5. Citizenship (Jennifer Bonnet). PART 3: GROUP VALUES. 6. Collaboration (Jordan England). 7. Common Purpose (Alex Teh). 8. Controversy with Civility (Cecilio Alvarez). PART 4: INDIVIDUAL VALUES. 9. Consciousness of Self (Justin Fincher). 10. Congruence (Tricia Shalka). 11. Commitment (Ashlee M. Kerkhoff and Daniel T. Ostick). PART 5: CHANGE AGENTS. 12. Becoming a Change Agent (Marybeth J. Drechsler and William A. Jones). Epilogue. Susan R. Komives and Wendy Wagner. Further Readings. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book offers an approachable student textbook that engages the reader in understanding the nature of social change and the dimensions of leadership that help one become an effective change agent. The text includes case studies, reflection questions, and learning activities to help facilitate engagement with the Social Change Model of Leadership Development that is at the core of the book. Written and edited by some of the country's most recognized and active scholars and educators in student leadership, the book has been field-tested by leadership faculty.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Susan R. Komives, Wendy Wagner, and Associates.
- "National clearinghouse for leadership programs"--Cover.
- 0470449497 (pbk.)
- 9780470449493 (pbk.)