Streetwise for book smarts : grassroots organizing and education reform in the Bronx
- Celina Su.
- Ithaca, N.Y. : Cornell University Press, 2009.
- Physical description
- ix, 246 p. : maps ; 24 cm.
- Cornell paperbacks.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2822.83 .N7 S82 2009||Unknown|
- Su, Celina, 1977-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -238) and index.
- A kaleidoscope of people power
- Public education and organizing in the Bronx
- Organizing the organizations : the Alinskyite tool kit
- Friends forever : the Freirean tool kit
- Off the charts : tackling issues of race in SCOs
- What these tools can build : developing capacities for policy making
- Favorite hits : embedded preferences for confrontation or collaboration
- Commitment and commencement.
- School improvement programs > New York (State) > New York > Case studies.
- Educational change > New York (State) > New York > Case studies.
- Community organization > New York (State) > New York > Case studies.
- Nonprofit organizations > New York (State) > New York > Case studies.
- Social movements > New York (State) > New York > Case studies.
- Community and school > New York (State) > New York.
- Bronx (New York, N.Y.) > Social conditions.
- Publication date
- Cornell paperbacks
- Originally presented as the author's thesis (Ph. D.)--Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2005.
- 9780801447259 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0801447259 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780801475580 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0801475589 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: