State papers online [electronic resource] : the government of Britain, 1509-1714
- [Detroit] : Gale/Cengage Learning
Search this database
- Gale (Firm)
- Partial contents
- pt. 1. The Tudors, 1509-1603 : state papers, domestic
- Part II: The Tudors, 1509-1603: State Papers Foreign, Scotland, Borders, Ireland and Registers of the Privy Council
- Part III. The Stuarts and Commonwealth, James I - Anne I, 1603-1714: State Papers Domestic
- Part IV. The Stuarts and Commonwealth, James I - Anne I, 1603-1714: State Papers Foreign, Ireland and Registers of the Privy Council
- State Papers Online 18th Century Part 1
- State Papers Online, 18th Century, 1714-1782, Part 2: State Papers Foreign, Low Countries and Germany
- State Papers online VII, 18th century III, 1714-1782: Foreign II
- State Papers online VIII, 18th century IV, 1714-1782: Foreign III
- State Papers online IX, Stuart and Cumberland Papers
- "State Papers Online, 1509-1714 is a collection of English government documents originating from the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries--when the King or Queen acted as Prime Minister as well as Monarch. The papers feature the office archives and correspondence of the secretaries of state serving the Monarch as facsimile manuscript documents accessed directly or via the fully searchable Calendar entries (abstracts or transcriptions). This collection contains information on every facet of English government, including social and economic affairs, law and order, religious policy, crown possessions and intelligence gathering as well as Britain's international relations and foreign policy.
- Great Britain > History > Tudors, 1485-1603 > Sources.
- Great Britain > Politics and government > 1509-1547 > Sources.
- Great Britain > Politics and government > 1547-1553 > Sources.
- Great Britain > Politics and government > 1553-1558 > Sources.
- Great Britain > Politics and government > 1558-1603 > Sources.
- Great Britain > History > Stuarts, 1603-1714 > Sources.
- Great Britain > Politics and government > 1603-1714 > Sources.
- Great Britain > Politics and government > 1714-1820 > Sources.
- Stuart, House of > Sources.
- Tudor, House of > Sources.
- Database topics
- British and Commonwealth History
- Government Information: International and Foreign
- Beginning date
- Title variation
- Government of Britain, 1509-1714
- Vol/date range
- Began in 2008?
- Title from home page (viewed June 1, 2009).
- Access limited to subscribers.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.