Springer handbook of atomic, molecular, and optical physics [electronic resource]
- Gordon W.F. Drake (ed.).
- New York : Springer, c2006.
- Physical description
- lviii, 1504 p. : ill. ; 25 cm + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- This "Springer Handbook of Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics" comprises a comprehensive reference source that unifies the entire fields of atomic, molecular, and optical (AMO) physics, assembling the principal ideas, techniques and results of the field from atomic spectroscopy to applications in comets. Its 92 chapters are written by over 100 authors, all leaders in their respective disciplines. It is carefully edited to ensure a uniform coverage and style and with extensive cross references, together with a guide to the primary research literature, it is both a source of information and an inspiration for graduate students and other researchers new to the field. All chapters offer diagrams of apparatus, graphs, and tables of data. It is substantially updated and expanded since the 1996 edition and published in conjunction with the 2005 World Year of Physics (commemorating Einstein's 1905 "miracle year"), it contains several entirely new chapters covering current areas of great research interest, such as Bose - Einstein condensation, quantum information, and cosmological variations of the fundamental constants. A fully searchable CD-ROM version of the contents accompanies the handbook.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Atomic, molecular and optical physics
- Handbook of atomic, molecular, and optical physics
- Accompanying CD-ROM contains ... "a fully searchable ... version of the contents"--P.  of cover.
- Also available in print.
- Electronic reproduction. UK : MyiLibrary, 2008.
- Available in another form
- Original. ( 9780387208022 )
- 038720802X (acid-free paper)
- 038726308X (e-ISBN)
- 9780387208022 (acid-free paper)