NCLB at the crossroads : reexamining the federal effort to close the achievement gap
- Michael A. Rebell, Jessica R. Wolff, editors.
- New York : Teachers College Press, Teachers College, Columbia University, c2009.
- Physical description
- xvi, 296 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2806.22 .N4 2009||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Our children's burden : a history of federal education policies that ask (now require) our public schools to solve social inequality / Amy Stuart Wells
- The challenge and opportunity of African American educational achievement for the United States / Michael T. Nettles, Catherine M. Millett, and Hyeyoung Oh
- Educational policy for linguistically and culturally diverse students : foundation or barrier? / Eugene E. Garcia
- Standards, assessments, and accountability and students with disabilities : an evolving meaning of a "free and appropriate public education" / Margaret J. McLaughlin, Meredith Miceli, and Amanda Hoffman
- "Proficiency for all"--an oxymoron / Richard Rothstein, Rebecca Jacobsen, and Tamara Wilder
- Improving the accountability provisions of NCLB / Robert Linn
- Standards, tests and NCLB : what might come next / Robert Schwartz
- A federal foray into teacher certification: assessing the "highly qualified teacher" provision of NCLB / Susanna Loeb and Luke Miller
- The problem of capacity in the (re) design of educational accountability systems / Richard Elmore
- A vital and viable agenda for reauthorizing NCLB / Michael A. Rebell and Jessica R. Wolff.
- Publisher's Summary
- This important new work from Rebell and Wolff, authors of the groundbreaking volume "Moving Every Child Ahead: From NCLB Hype to Meaningful Educational Opportunity", brings together the nation's leading researchers and thinkers in the field of educational equity to provide a range of provocative critiques that go well beyond what has already been said on the subject of No Child Left Behind (NCLB). Unlike most books, this one puts aside political rhetoric and quick-fix solutions to tackle the truly difficult questions about how to ensure meaningful educational opportunities for all children.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- No Child Left Behind at the crossroads
- 9780807749449 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 0807749443 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: