Managing program evaluation : towards explicating a professional practice
- Donald W. Compton, Michael Baizerman, editors.
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass ; American Evaluation Association, 2009.
- Physical description
- 114 p. ; ill. ; 23 cm.
- New directions for evaluation no. 121.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1028 .N4 NO.121||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- A perspective on managing evaluation / Michael Baizerman, Donald W. Compton
- Where is the literature in evaluation on managing studies, evaluators, and evaluation units? / Donald W. Compton
- Managing evaluation for program improvement at the Wilder Foundation / Paul W. Mattessich, Daniel P. Mueller, Cheryl A. Holm-Hansen
- Slaying myths, eliminating excuses: managing for accountability by putting kids first / Robert J. Rodosky, Marco A. Muñoz
- Managing studies versus managing for evaluation capacity building / Donald W. Compton
- Managing evaluation in a federal public health setting / Michael W. Schooley
- What did we learn from the case studies about managing evaluation? / Michael Baizerman, Donald W. Compton
- Deepening understanding of managing evaluation / Michael Baizerman
- Toward developing competent evaluation managing / Michael Baizerman, Donald W. Compton.
- Publisher's Summary
- This issue explores the many issues in understanding managing evaluation: an omnipresent, if often invisible process guiding evaluation studies, evaluators, other workers and evaluation units. Contributing chapters first define and then illuminate these matters through four case studies. The central questions in the domain of managing are: Should the evaluation field recognize managing as a core professional expertise? Should it promote this by legitimizing the preparation of experts and expertise? And, what should the curriculum, pedagogy, and learning sites be? The authors suggest beginning foci, curricula, and pedagogy in managing evaluation and hope to stimulate reflection and conversation within our profession on how best to manage evaluation in these various contexts and multiple layers. This is the 121st volume of the volume of the Jossey-Bass quarterly report series "New Directions for Evaluation", an official publication of the American Evaluation Association.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470482346 20160528
- Publication date
- New directions for evaluation, 1097-6736 ; no. 121
- "Spring 2009."
Browse related items
Start at call number: