Leaders as communicators and diplomats
- Paul D. Houston, Alan M. Blankstein, Robert W. Cole, editors.
- Thousand Oaks, CA : Corwin Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- xxi, 132 p. : facsim. ; 24 cm.
- Soul of educational leadership ; v. 6.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2807 .L43 2009||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface - Robert W. Cole Acknowledgments About the Authors 1. The Superintendent as Communicator and Diplomat - Paul D. Houston 2. The Leader as Communicator and Diplomat - Krista Parent 3. The Educational Leader: Diplomat and Communicator for All Students - John R. Hoyle 4. Learning to Be a Leader - Betty Rosa 5. Leaders as Communicators and Ambassadors - Rich Bagin 6. The Superintendent as Key Communicator and Diplomat: A Case Study - Donald A. Phillips 7. The Superintendent as Blogger - Mark Stock 8. A Whole New Mind for Schools - Daniel H. Pink 9. Endnote - Edward B. Fiske Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- A central role of any educational leader is that of an accomplished communicator - one who can relate to diverse communities, promote cooperative interaction, and unify stakeholders around the larger cause of quality education for every student. This sixth volume in the "Soul of Educational Leadership" series provides innovative ideas on diplomacy and practical strategies for strengthening communications skills. With contributions from top leadership figures like Paul D. Houston, John R. Hoyle, Richard Bagin, and Daniel H. Pink, this resource emphasizes the importance of clear and purposeful communication in gaining support, avoiding misunderstandings, and establishing productive communitywide relationships. Individual chapters demonstrate how readers can: create dynamic, effective districtwide communication systems; respond to district challenges and issues; use electronic communication tools effectively; secure and increase funding for their schools and districts; and, increase avenues for informing the public about issues that affect schools and students. This insightful book offers all school leaders a rich array of creative, thoughtful communication approaches to empower their leadership and inspire everyone who has a stake in preparing today's students for tomorrow's challenges.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- The soul of educational leadership ; v. 6
- A joint publication with the HOPE Foundation and The American Association of School Administrators.
- 1412949432 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781412949439 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412949440 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781412949446 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: