Introduction to human nutrition
- edited on behalf of the Nutrition Society by Michael J. Gibney ... [et al.].
- 2nd ed.
- Chichester, West Sussex, U.K. ; Ames, Iowa : Wiley-Blackwell, 2009.
- Physical description
- viii, 371 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Human nutrition textbook series.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Introduction to Human Nutrition: A Global Perspective on Food and Nutrition. H. H. Vorster 2. Body Composition. P. Deurenberg 3. Energy Metabolism. A. Astrup and A. Tremblay 4. Nutrition and Metabolism of Proteins and Amino Acids. N. K. Fukagawa and Y. M. Yu 5. Digestion and Metabolism of Carbohydrates. J. Mathers and T. Wolever 6. Nutrition and Metabolism of Lipids. S. C. Cunnane and B. A. Griffin 7. Dietary Reference Standards. K. M. Younger 8. The Vitamins. D. A. Bender 9. Minerals and Trace Elements. J. J. Strain and K. D. Cashman 10. Measuring Food Intake. U. E. MacIntyre 11. Food Composition. J. M. Holden and H. C. Schonfeldt 12. Food and Nutrition -Policy and Regulatory Issues. M. J. Gibney and A. McKevitt 13. Nutrition Research Methodology. J. A. Martinez and M. A. Martinez Gonzalez 14. Food Safety: A Public Health Issue of Growing Importance. A. Reilly, C. Tlustos, J. O'Connor and L. O'Connor 15. Food and Nutrition-Related Diseases: The Global Challenge. H. H .Vorster and M. J. Gibney.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- In this second edition of the introductory text in the acclaimed "Nutrition Society Textbook Series", "Introduction to Human Nutrition" has been revised and updated to meet the needs of the contemporary student. "Introduction to Human Nutrition" is an essential purchase for students of nutrition and dietetics, and also for those students who major in other subjects that have a nutrition component, such as food science, medicine, pharmacy and nursing. Professionals in nutrition, dietetics, food science, medicine, health sciences and many related areas will also find much of great value within its covers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- The Nutrition Society textbook series
- Previous ed.: 2002.
- 9781405168076 (paper)
- 1405168072 (paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: