Literacy and learning : reflections on writing, reading, and society
- Deborah Brandt.
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, c2009.
- Physical description
- xv, 207 p. ; 22 cm.
- Outstanding ideas in education series
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC151 .B719 2009||Unknown|
- Brandt, Deborah, 1951-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: Writing at the Speed of Change. The Grawemeyer Award in Education: A Conversation with Deborah Brandt. 1. Sponsors of Literacy. 2. Literacy in American Lives: Living and Learning in a Sea of Change. 3. Accumulating Literacy: Writing and Learning to Write in the Twentieth Century. 4. Remembering Writing, Remembering Reading. 5. Writing for a Living: Literacy and the Knowledge Economy. 6. The Status of Writing. 7. How Writing Is Remaking Reading. Conclusion: An Excerpt from Literacy in American Lives. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470401347 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Deborah Brandt, a recipient of the Grawemeyer Award, is one of the most influential figures in literacy and education. Brandt has dedicated her career to the status of reading and writing in the United States. Her literacy research is renowned and widely studied. "Literacy and Learning" is an important collection of Brandt's work that includes a combination of previously published essays, previously unpublished talks, and new work.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470401347 20160528
- Publication date
- 0470401346 (hbk.)
- 9780470401347 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: