Inclusive teaching : the journey towards effective schools for all learners
- J. Michael Peterson, Mishael Marie Hittie.
- 2nd ed.
- Boston : Pearson, c2010.
- Physical description
- xix, 507 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC1200 .P48 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 477-492) and indexes.
- 1. Celebrate Difference: Promoting and Inclusive and Caring Society Through Education 2. Introduction to Inclusive Teaching: Educating All Children Together Well (with contributions by Douglas Fisher) 3. Diverse Students in the Classroom: How Students are Different and the Same 4. Planning Individualized Differentiation: Interventions for Students with Special Needs 5. Provide Support and Collaborate: Getting Help and Building a School Community 6. Partner with Families adn the Community: Building Relationships for Learning 7. Develop and Inclusive School and Classroom: Using Space and Physical Resources to Support All Students 8. Make Environmental Accommodations and Use Assistive Technology: Tools That Extend Human Capacity and Promote Learning 9. Build a Community for Learning: Promoting Mutual CAre, Support, and Celebration 10. Meet Needs of Students with Challenging Behaviors: Positive Strategies for Difficult Situations 11. Inclusive Academic Instruction, Part I: Planning Inclusive Lessons and Units 12. Inclusive Academic Instruction, Part II: Multilevel and Differentiated Learning Activities 13. Inclusive Academic Instruction, Part III: Applications in Subjects Epilogue.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780137152186 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The second edition of Inclusive Teaching takes a uniquely different approach. Organized around the profound question, "How can we create schools and classrooms where vastly diverse students learn well together?" the text strives to provide a myriad of creative answers to this question for our future teachers--leaders of the classroom impacting positive change for tomorrow's schools. Centrally focused on how to create an effective school for all learners--students with mild to severe disabilities, gifted and talented students, racially and culturally diverse students, students with differing sexual preferences and more--the authors have offered strategies for including and supporting all students to learn effectively in the general education classroom. The text synthesizes a vast array of strategies from many different sources, including workshop approaches to learning, differentiated instruction, universal design for learning, multicultural education, positive behavior support, anti-bullying practices, reducing the learning gap between minority and majority groups, and more. Clearly organized around the way in which teachers think, from arranging the physical classroom to dealing with the social-emotional needs of students, to designing effective, multi-level, differentiated instruction, the text remains positively devoted to teaching change and impacting the future of all students learning together.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780137152186 20160528
- Inclusive education.
- Publication date
- 9780137152186 (paper)
- 0137152183 (paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: