Anaerobic biotechnology for bioenergy production : principles and applications
- Ames, Iowa : Wiley-Blackwell, 2008.
- Physical description
- xv, 301 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
TP358 .A55 2008
- Unknown TP358 .A55 2008
- Khanal, Samir Kumar.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Principles of Anaerobic Biotechnology.2. Microbiology and Biochemistry of Anaerobic Biotechnology.3. Environmental Factors.4. Kinetics and Modeling in Anaerobic Processes.5. Anaerobic Reactor Configurations.6. Molecular Techniques in Anaerobic Biotechnology: Application in Bioenergy Generation.7. Bioenergy Recovery from Sulfate-rich Waste Streams and Strategies for Sulfide Removal.8. Bioenergy Generation from Residues of Biofuel Industries.9. Biohydrogen Production: Fundamentals, Challenges and Operation Strategies for Enhanced Yield.10. Microbial Fuel Cell: Novel Anaerobic Biotechnology for Energy Generation.11. Pretreatment of High Solids Wastes/Residues to Enhance Bioenergy Recovery.12. Biogas Processing and Utilization as an Energy Source.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Anaerobic biotechnology is a cost-effective and sustainable means of treating waste and wastewaters that couples treatment processes with the reclamation of useful by-products and renewable biofuels. This means of treating municipal, agricultural, and industrial wastes allows waste products to be converted to value-added products such as biofuels, biofertilizers, and other chemicals. "Anaerobic Biotechnology for Bioenergy Production: Principles and Applications" provides the reader with basic principles of anaerobic processes alongside practical uses of anaerobic biotechnology options. This book will be a valuable reference to any professional currently considering or working with anaerobic biotechnology options.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Samir Kumar Khanal [contributing editor].
- 9780813823461 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0813823463 (hbk. : alk. paper)